Many would want their home to have the best location, walls, appliances and furniture. Furniture is the key to making your home look fantastic. If you have chosen the wrong ones, then you may have ruined the whole look and decor for your home. The most popular type of furniture today is wicker.
The classic wicker was a vulnerable furniture. They wither away in the sun and too much moisture will eventually loosen the weaving. This made wicker indoor furniture only. However, with the new age wicker, it is everything like the old one in design but matchless in terms of strength.
Wicker is not a type of material but a style of sewing together materials such as Rattan, Bamboo, Reed, Cane, and Paper Fiber. Although popular, these do not make all-weather wicker furniture. Highly improved technologies now introduce to us Resin and Viro Fiber which produce wicker furniture that is resistant to rain, snow, sun, and the like.
- Resin or polypropylene resin can resist heat fading, cracking and discoloring. They have longer life span so you don’t have to repaint it all the time, unless you want to give it a new look. Resin is tough so you need not worry about maintaining it unlike other furniture.
- Viro Fiber is a high quality synthetic fiber which is polyethylene-based making your furniture very strong and flexible. It can withstand tremendous temperature and weather changes. This material is resistant to UV light, salt water, and chlorine making it one of the easiest to maintain materials out in the market.
Homeowners’ number one fear is getting the furniture dirty or smudged. This is especially true for white or lighter color furniture. Viro fiber will not make you worry any longer. They are easy to clean materials that are resistant to smudges and discoloration. With a little soap and water, you can have your wicker outdoor furniture looking new everytime despite the weather it is under.
Just because the furniture is marketed as all-weather wicker doesn’t imply that it is of the best quality. Some things to keep in mind before making a purchase are:
- You should be careful when buying low priced all-weather wicker furniture. Beware of unknown brand names of all-weather wicker. They might be substituted with weak materials like PVC or Plastic. They will rot and decay easily so don’t be cheated.
- There should not be loose weaving as this will make way for loose ends. Premature damages tend to start this way.
- Check to see if the leg bottoms have protection to avoid damage to your flooring. If the furniture doesn’t come with casters, you may want to immediately avail yourself of one before setting your chairs and tables on expensive flooring.
There are a few things that will make your wicker become more lively. You can have pillows, cushions or rugs with the wicker patio furniture. Contrasting colors will bring out the wicker. You should keep the furniture moderate so you won’t overwhelm you home with unnecessary furniture. You should have fun when shopping for your wicker and choose the one that will complement your home and personality.